There are several different types of heating blankets available, especially when shopping for them online:
For your bed, in all of the standard sizes: twin full queen king
For the couch or foot of the bed: throw size (50″ by 60″)
You can even arrange for a heating blanket in the car for extra warmth and security: it plugs into your lighter draws only 4 amps
The new electric blankets are so much better by all standards than those older model blankets. Today’s warming blankets come in a nice range of colors that will complement your decor, and are normally made of either acrylic fiber that feels like satin, or brushed fleece, which is also very soft, warm and comfortable.
Here are features of a few of the most popular electric blankets that are available:
• Most of them have a shut-off feature that kicks in after 10 hours for safety.
• They’re washable.
• They’re lighter, with flexible elements that are more comfortable and heat more evenly over all of the blanket.
• Multi-year warranties for peace of mind.
• Some offer remote controls, with larger beds having 2.
• Full range of temperature settings so you have exactly the right warmth. And here are few tips about safely using electric blankets. It’s basic common sense stuff..
• Read the manufacturer’s instructions and actually follow them.
• Make sure the cord hangs loosely and isn’t twisted or pulled too tight.
• Never use an electric blanket with a scorch marks or any exposed elements.
• Make a habit of just checking your blanket over now and then, and it will give you years of toasty warm nights.